Applications are OPEN for our courses
starting in September
NC in Social Sciences
NC in Rural Skills
Access to Higher Education (SWAP)
please get in touch if you have any questions!
The Forest and Outdoor Learning Award is about working in the forest and outdoor environment to gain leadership skills and to lead outdoor learning. Spaces are available for our course starting in August 2023.
Date: Each Wednesday from 3 May (first session is a taster day) to 21 June 2023 inclusive (8 weeks in total)
Time: 10.00 am – 2.00 pm
Refreshments and lunch are included. Waterproof clothing and boots are also provided.
Being outdoors has a positive impact on how well you feel, creating an improved quality of life and resilience when it comes to coping with life’s challenges.
Newbattle Abbey College are running a fully funded Prescribe Nature programme for adults who would benefit from the opportunity to:
* Enhance their well-being
* Improve their mental health
* Reduce social isolation
* Enhance learning and employability
During the course participants will have the opportunity to participate in a range of therapeutic outdoor activities including:
* Forest Bathing – appreciate the colours, smells, sounds and textures of nature for well-being
* Natural Crafts and Woodcraft – learn to use hand tools to make natural craft items
* Nature Discovery – find out what lives in the woodland and the uses of plants and trees
* Woodland Workout and Conservation – learn about conservation, caring for wildlife and improve your fitness
Participants will also achieve an accredited Adult Achievement Award, which will help with going onto further study and employment.
For further information, please contact: Judy Paul, Forest College Co-ordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org