0131 663 1921
Our Forest College at Newbattle Abbey College was established in 2018 to provide Forest and Outdoor Learning Awards which offer a learner centred approach to developing the skills and understanding to work sustainably in forest and outdoor environments.
What we do
* Deliver courses and training for learners
* Support organisations to lead courses and training
* Provide accreditation for the Forest and Outdoor Learning Awards
* Support access for communities to Lord Ancrum’s Woods at Newbattle Abbey College, Dalkeith
Who is Forest College for?
Forest College is for learners and leaders of all ages who want to develop their knowledge, skills and leadership in the forest and outdoors. To find out more: phone: 0131 663 1921 or email email@example.com
* To support all learners in early years, schools, colleges and communities
* To connect people to the forest and outdoors
* To develop creative learning, teaching and leadership
* To contribute to learning for sustainability
Entry and duration of the courses varies by level. Each level can be a stand-alone or taken as a progression pathway
* Levels 2 – 4 focus on skills development and start with no entry requirements
* Levels 2 – 4 can be achieved in 4 – 6 weeks
* Levels 5 – 8 focus on developing leadership. Entry requirement: SCQF 4 -6 or equivalent
* Level 8 can take between 12 and 16 months
* to gain practical knowledge of being, working and leading in the forest and outdoors
* to gain a national qualification at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) levels 2-6, & 8
* to progress to employment or education
For further information, please see our Frequently Asked Questions.